Glenwhan Gardens, Arboretum & Tearoom stand above the village of Dunragit, on Galloway’s beautiful west coast. With its stunning collections of rare and unusual plants, it is a wonderful mix of tranquility and beauty to delight the senses.
They have been described as “One of the lovliest and best newly created gardens in recent times.”
“Glenwhan Gardens are an education and inspiration to all”. Charles Quest-Ritson (Author of Gardens of Europe’)
What was once gorse-covered wasteland is today Glenwhan Gardens. The original bracken, gorse and willows has, with careful planting, been replaced with a 12 acre garden filled with glorious collections of plants from around the world.
Glenwhan Gardens & Arboretum have colour in all seasons, enough to delight any eye or photograph. There are winding paths, well placed seats, thoughtful sculptures, and water features which all add to the tranquil atmosphere of the gardens.
Amongst the many features here at Glenwhan Gardens, Arboretum & Tearoom are:
- Magnificent views over Luce Bay, the Mull of Galloway and the Isle of Man
- A further 17 acres of Moorland Wildflower Walk to explore, and the chance to see red squirrels and other wildlife
- A Tree Trail to follow with an interesting collection of species
- Tearoom serving delicious home-cooked lunches and teas (coach parties catered for!)
- A well stocked Plant Centre where you can browse and purchase plants
- Guided tours by prior arrangement to enhance your visit
- Events throughout the seasons – check this site for latest details
- We now host weddings in the gardens – contact us to discuss yours!
Gardens and Tearoom Open Easter - end September thereafter with Honesty Box
10am - 5pm
Dunragit, nr Stranraer,
Wigtownshire, DG9 8PH.
(+44) 01581 400222
Please click on the links below to find out more
Season Tickets: £15.00DOGS ALLOWED ON LEADS