Glenwhan Gardens has been described as “One of the loveliest and best newly created .gardens in recent times and Charles Quest-Ritson (Author of ‘Gardens of Europe’) wrote:” Glenwhan Gardens are an education and inspiration to all”.
What was once wild moorland together with the odd willow, is today Glenwhan Gardens. The original bracken, gorse and willow has, with careful planting, been replaced with a twelve acre garden filled with glorious collections of plants from around the world. The Garden, situated on the Western Seaboard, benefits from the warming influences of the Gulf Stream on the Rhins and Mull of Galloway.
2016 Opening Times: Daily: 10am – 5pm. from Easter or 1st April (whichever comes first) to September 30th. Thereafter open with an Honesty Box at the Entrance. Tearoom closes 30th September.
Admission: Adult: £5.00 Concession: £4.00 Children: £1.50. Family ticket (up to 3 children): £12. Season Tickets: £15.00 Wheelchair Users go free. Free use of Mobility Scooter. RHS Members are free (on production of RHS members card) from 1st August to end of October. Groups and Parties welcomed with prior arrangement. Entry to the Tearoom is free! Fresh quality local produce prepared with care.
Location: Glenwhan Gardens, Arboretum & Tearoom are one mile from A.75 at the village of Dunragit, in South West Scotland, on Galloway’s beautiful west coast. Follow Brown Visit Scotland Tourist signs. Read reviews at Trip Advisor – they gave us a Certificate of Excellence.
Contact: Tessa Knott, Glenwhan Gardens, Dunragit Stranraer DG98PH. email:email@example.com. Tel: 01581400222. Mobile 07787990702
Spectacular views over Luce Bay, The Mull of Galloway and The Isle of Man
- A further 17 acres of Moorland Wildflower Walk to explore
- A Tree Trail to follow with an interesting collection of species
- Tearoom serving delicious home-cooked lunches and teas.
- Group Visits catered for (with some advance notice.)
- Free parking. Coaches park at Garden Entrance. Disabled facilities
- A well stocked Plant Centre
- Guided tours by prior arrangement
- Events throughout the seasons – check this site for latest details
- We now host Weddings and Functions in our large Marquee